Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A Blog of Inspiration Unhindered by Perfectionism.


.....................<><><><>........................

.............{A work in progress}................

.....................<><><><>........................

Writing exercise 02/25/10

Monday, January 25, 2010
Today I spent most of the day working on a writing project--and all was good until I hit a wall. And then nothing would budge in my head. So frustrating. My poor husband had to put up with me. From here I began some exercises to work my brain out a bit. I started with different phrases, such as "I wonder", "It makes me tired when", and "I love". From there I typed for 5 minutes straight (at least) and refrained from editing. Here is one of my exercises and an illustration to go with it (keep in mind that I'm not an artist!)


Exercise three.


I wonder what it would be like to be a Cynthia. Not a Cindy, but a Cynthia. Or Cordelia. I know a cat who lives next door, and her name is Cordelia. Her fluffy calico coat can’t resist a petting when she’s called. Most days in the summer you’ll find her nestled onto her small porch in the vintage red wrought iron chair and cushion. Sometimes I walk over and call to her, “here, kitty, kitty! Hi sweet cordelia!”. And she is as sweet as her name. Now for a Cynthia, I picture a welcoming, curler wearing, lipstick swiping woman who makes friends with cats like Cordelia. If I were a Cynthia, I would keep a garden of roses, peonies, and Queen Anne’s Lace. I would love roast chicken, tea parties, and growing my own vegetables. Especially tomatoes. And crimini mushrooms. (How does one grow crimini mushrooms? Does one need to grow a forest first?). I would write my own books, and illustrate them, too! I would also stay up until midnight reading books, writing, and stroking my friend Cordelia.


If only I were a Cynthia.  







0 comments to Writing exercise 02/25/10:

Post a Comment