Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A Blog of Inspiration Unhindered by Perfectionism.


.....................<><><><>........................

.............{A work in progress}................

.....................<><><><>........................

hello!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Blogs. Typically, this is the point where I hit 'delete'. Something about posting...scares me. Yet, I'm inspired by many blogs dedicated to decor, photography, chocolate, family, writing, design, and so much more, simply because they hit 'publish post'. I can do this [getting motivated]....

Who is writing behind this blog? I'm the wife of the best man out there, daughter of a King, a twenty-something, aesthetics loving, home creating, Ella Fitzgerald loving, candle lighting, chocolate consuming, garden digging, flower cutting, Diana F camera wanting, literature admiring, New York residing Minnesotan. And I'm a fan of snow.

Why have I chosen to call it pen&paper? My husband and I share a quality that reveals itself at the moments when you're feeling most creative. Perfectionism. Paper holds a daunting-ness about it. It's permanent. Let's face it, there is no perfect piece of work in the eyes of the artist. At least, not in this perfectionist bearing household. A painting, drawing, or written piece of work reveals the imperfection of humanity.

In the same way, a blog is permanent. Yes, I can delete it just as I can throw away a painting. But once someone has read your thoughts, it's in their mind. Once they've seen your drawing, it's in their mind. From there they may base their judgment. They might see that I am not perfect. To one with the before-mentioned disease, this is a frightening thing.

So rather than avoid my paper, pen, or blog, I'm going to tackle it; fighting off the lie that perfectionism = value. I'm going to bear fruit in this area of my life, being strengthened for endurance and patience because I'm qualified (Colossians 1:9-14).

This is where I leave you in my first entry.

xoxo
{Lindsay Kate}

.................<><><><>....................


[an overcast/drippy day]


1 comments to hello!:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly how I felt when I was starting my blog ... still do! Good to se eI'm not alone ... but also to encourage you to keep going! Your blog is wonderful! :)

Suse
losotros.ca

Post a Comment